Read more for more information on the new APM v2 UAV board.
- The key feature is a smaller footprint, using a 4layer pcb the Ardupilot Mega v2 board is about 6.6cm x 4.0cm
- Three processors--a triple-core autopilot!
- All new state-of-the-art sensors; the first autopilot to use the Invensense 6DoF MPU-6000
- Smaller, lighter, cheaper than APM 1.0--just $199 ready to fly, with GPS, magnetometer and dataflash included.
- Twice as much dataflash memory, with SD card slot
- No soldering required
- When using the internal sensor fusion processor of the MPU-6000, more than half of the Atmega2560 processing capacity is free for new advanced features.
- Native USB, with all new PPM encoder software
The new board features new sensors such as the MPU-6000, which integrates a digital motion processor which takes care of sensor fution, this frees up about 40% of the processing power on the main Ardupilot Mega ATmega 2560 processor.
The Barometric pressure sensor has also been updated to the MEAS MS5011 which has a greater resolution of 10cm, A comparison can been seen in the image to the left.
This will give much better altitude hold capability for your Arducopter UAV.
Other features include a Micro SD card with dataflash, integrated daughter board with GPS, and Compass, more I/O
Will be stocked in the UK drone store shortly