- You can set up the second aileron on either channel 5 or 6. Remember that it does not matter which channel it is on your receiver. Just take that receiver output and hook it up to 5 or 6.
- For that channel (5 or 6) you will need to set a new parameter. For channel 5 it is rc_5_funct. You can set this as a parameter through a GCS like APM Planner, or you can set it using a #define in your config file. If you set it in your config file use #define RC_5_FUNCT RC_5_FUNCT_AILERON. If you set it through the GCS set rc_5_funct to a value of 1.
- If you want to use differential aileron travel program your radio so that it works as you desire in manual mode.
- You will need to redo your radio calibration.
- You cannot set the reversing for the 2nd aileron channel with the dip switches (as there is not one available for this). So, it is highly recommended that you disable the dip switches and set up your reversing using the parameters. Remember that if you are working with the raw parameter values reversing is 1 or -1.
The new version of APM 2.23 has been released with an updated version of the mission planner. The new version mainly fixes minor bugs. The main new feature of APM 2.23 is the introduction of differential ailerons/flaps. The mission planner updates fix some issues and improve board detection speed. Read more for full details.
Details about Differential Differential Ailerons/Flaps